The Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars offer users both great optic quality and durability. In order to ensure excellent optical performance, Pentax has included several features in its optical system. It features several types of coats on its optics, in order to allow for maximum light transmission, reduces glare, optimizes contrast, and ensures great resolution. With all of these features, Pentax ensures the user nothing but top notch viewing.
In order to ensure that this excellent quality view is preserved, the Pentax 62556 10×42 DCF CS Binoculars are built to take a beating. They are designed with a polycarbonate material reinforced with fiber to create rigidity and durability. For even more protection, the binoculars also feature a full body rubber housing that protects the inner mechanisms from shock, as well as provides users with an easy grip. The Pentax 62556 10×42 DCF CS Binoculars also provides comfort for its users with specialized eye relief that ensures comfort. When looking at these binoculars, it is clear that Pentax has designed these with its customers in mind.
The DCF CS Series is also available in 8×42 model.
Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Features
- Roof Prism
- Compact size for maximum comfort in field use
- Waterproof and nitrogen filled (JIS Class 6 – submersible to 1m)
- Phase coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
- Fully multicoated lenses reduce reflections for clear viewing
- Silver-deposited roof prisms reflect more light through the prism for a brighter image
- Internal focusing system improves balance
- Fiber reinforced polycarbonate housing for strength and rigidity
- Rubber armoring protects the optic, provides a secure grip
- Center diopter ring with click stops is easy to access
- Long eye relief for comfortable viewing, with or without glasses
- Helicoid eyepieces with four click stops allow you to properly set the eye relief
Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Specifications
- Prism Type : Roof-prism
- Magnification: 8X
- Objective Lens: 42mm, 4 elements in 3 groups
- Eyepiece Lens: 4 elements in 3 groups
- Lens Coating: Fully multi-coated
- Prism: Phase coating
- Sub-Prism: Silver-deposition
- PRISM Phase coating
- Real Field of View: 7.5°
- Apparent Field of View: 60°
- Field Of View At 1000 Yards: 393 feet @ 1000 yd
- Field Of View At 1000 Meters: 131m @ 1000 m
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.2 mm
- Eye Relief: 21 mm
- Relative Brightness: 27.6
- Diopter Adjustment Range: +/- 3
- Eye Width Adjustment Range: 54-76 mm
- Focusing Range: 2.5m to infinity
- Eyepiece Ring: Helicoid (4 stops)
- Focus Type: Center focusing (internal focus)
- Waterproof: JIS Class 6, submersible to 1m, nitrogen filled
- Body Color: Dark green and black
- Accessories: Case DCF CS, Neck strap DCF CS, Eyepiece cap DCF CS, Objective cap DCF CS
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 2 x 5.6 inches
- Product Weight: 22.6 oz.
- Warranty: Pentax “Worry Free” Warranty
When researching these binoculars online, very few reviews could be found. During our research on the Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars, we found only 3 reviews, at it received an average user rating of 4.7 stars out of a possible 5 stars. All of the users were impressed with the binoculars, though one of them found several minor flaws which they felt detracted from its overall quality.
The users were most impressed with the optical quality provided by these binoculars. One of the impressed users said they are great “to watch wildlife or hunting, great sharp optics.” This, along with the set’s low price was a very big plus for all of the users. As one user put it, “you can’t touch this quality of optic for anywhere near the price of these.” Overall, these points led the three users to be very satisfied with their purchase.
Though they were satisfied with the value, the users did point out some flaws. As one user pointed at, the 10x zoom can be a bit too much for some purposes. Another user found a few issues with the construction. He explained the issues by saying “the retractable eye relief is loose, and the rubber armor that covers the binocular at the front lens is loose and not properly fit” The last issue found was the poor quality neck strap that comes with this set of binoculars, but this can be replaced.
Overall, the Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars appear to be a great pair of binoculars for a wide variety of uses, including hunting and watching wildlife. The optics included in these binoculars is top notch, providing great quality, along with durability. The main issues associated with these binoculars are mostly minor, and can easily be replaced, so they aren’t really an issue. I would highly recommend these binoculars to anyone.
Where to buy the Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
You can buy the Pentax 62556 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, TigerDirect, BestBuy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart etc. But which one is the best deal? We have done work for you. We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on most binoculars including the 62556. The best way to decide if this is a good binoculars or not is to visit the Amazon page and look at all the reviews and the manufacturers description. It is the best place to study the binoculars because of the huge community at Amazon that reviews its purchases. Click on the links below to visit the product website for additional information and special offers.
Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars
Pentax 62556 DCF CS 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Video Review