The Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars provides a great combination of quality and durability. These binoculars utilize a number of optical features that provide top quality viewing. It users a multi-coated lens system, designed to enhance contrast, resolution, and light transmission, while reducing glare. Pentax also uses hybrid aspherical lenses in these binoculars to further enhance these features, providing for the best possible view.
In order to ensure that this excellent view lasts, the binoculars have been built to be tough and durable. They feature a magnesium-alloy body, providing great strength and rigidity. This is covered in a full-body rubber housing that further protects the inner optical elements from shock and other issues. To top it off, the body is nitrogen filled, which means it is waterproof. Not only is it durable, but it is also very user friendly. These binoculars feature a very comfortable eye piece and a diopter adjustment with lock mechanism. With all of these features, it is obvious that Pentax had its users in mind when designing these binoculars.
Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars Features
- Hybrid Aspherical elements provide edge-to-edge sharpness
- BaK-4 High resolution phase-coated roof prisms for high resolution, contrast and sharpness
- Extra-short minimum focusing distance for close-up details
- Scratch resistant coatings on external lenses prevents damage from sand or dirt
- Inner focus design for better balance and durability
- Locking diopter ring holds your adjustments
- Long eye relief for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- Helicoid eyepieces for 4 click stops allow you to properly set eye relief
- Waterproof and Nitrogen-filled to handle extreme weather conditions
- Magnesium frame construction with sticky rubber armoring
- Protected with a full-body rubber housing
Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars Specifications
- Prism Type : Roof Prism
- Magnification: 8X
- Objective Lens: 43 mm, 4 elements in 3 groups
- Eyepiece Lens: 3 elements in 2 groups (Hybrid aspherical lens)
- Lens Coating: Multi-coating & Hydrophobic coating
- Roof prism: Phase coating
- Real Field of View: 6.3°
- Apparent Field of View: 50.4°
- Field Of View At 1000 Yards: 330 feet @ 1000 yd
- Field Of View At 1000 Meters: 110 m @ 1000 m
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.4 mm
- Eye Relief: 22 mm
- Relative Brightness: 29
- Diopter Adjustment Range: +/- 3 m -1
- Eye Width Adjustment Range: 2.3 x 2.9″
- Focusing Range: 6.6 ft. – infinity
- Eyepiece Ring: Helicoid Type (4 stop)
- Focus Type: Center focusing (inner focusing)
- Waterproof: Magnesium body, 1m depth of water (JIS Class 6), Nitrogen filled
- Body Color: Dark Green & Black
- Product Dimensions: 5.7 x 5.0″ x 2.0″
- Product Weight: 24.5 oz.
- Warranty: Pentax “Worry Free” Warranty
When researching the Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Binocular’s online, we found only a small handful of reviews. From a total of 9 reviews, the binoculars received an average user rating of 4.9 stars out of a possible 5 stars. All of the reviewers were very impressed with these binoculars, praising it for its excellent view quality, among other things. Despite this, there were some flaws to be found, though they were very minor ones.
The reviewers were very satisfied with these binoculars quality. Most reviewers said the same things, as one user summed it all up “Very bright, water proof, very close focusing, great optical coatings, nice rubber coatings, and EXCELLENT long eye-relief for those of us with glasses.” Another user praised that they were “Lightweight, rugged, fast focus, and a pleasure to use.” For the most part, users, like these ones, had nothing but good things to say.
There were a few users, however, that did find some flaws worth mentioning. One user, who wasn’t impressed with the neck strap that Pentax provided lamented” The only bad thing is the factory supplied strap. It is a little cheap and too long.” Another user found issue with the diopter adjuster, explaining that it did not lock down very well. These issues though were only slight problems to the users that mentioned them, and both said that these issues were not huge problems to them.
Overall, people were incredibly impressed with the Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars. People found that they provide an excellent quality, which was only bested by binoculars that cost twice as much or more. This led many users to recommend them, and after our research, we feel that we must recommend them as well.
Where to buy the Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars
You can buy the Pentax 62616 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, TigerDirect, BestBuy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart etc. But which one is the best deal? We have done work for you. We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on most binoculars including the 62616. The best way to decide if this is a good binoculars or not is to visit the Amazon page and look at all the reviews and the manufacturers description. It is the best place to study the binoculars because of the huge community at Amazon that reviews its purchases. Click on the links below to visit the product website for additional information and special offers.
Pentax 62616 DCF SP 10×43 Roof Prism Binoculars