The Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Binoculars by Pentax allows users to view a large magnification level of up to 20x, while still maintaining durability and strength.
It also features a mechanical focus lock, to allow users to lock in at a specific distance to enjoy focus-free viewing. These binoculars use a right eyepiece diopter setting and feature a click-stop diopter lock to prevent accidental adjustments. Using these features, Pentax provides users with an excellent view with high quality and great comfort.
In order to ensure that users are provided with excellent view for a long time, the 20 x 60 Binoculars features an aluminum die-cast body, providing great durability and strength. It also features rubber housing on the inside to further protect the inner optical and mechanical systems. On top of durability, they also provide comfort using a specialized eye piece that gives the user the best comfortable eye relief.
Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Features
- Mechanical focus lock feature allows user to lock in at a specific distance
- Each air-to-glass surface is fully multicoated
- Center focus dial with focus lock function
- Improved locking helicoid-type eyecups
- Long eye-relief for viewing with or without glasses
- Click-stop diopter adjustment locks in right eyepiece diopter setting
- Full rubber housings to protect against dust and scratches
- JIS Class 6 waterproofing (submersible to 1 meter)
- Aluminum die cast body adds strength & durability
Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Specifications
- Prism Type : Porro Prism
- Magnification: 20X
- Objective Lens: 50mm, 2 elements in 1 group
- Eyepiece Lens: 5 elements in 4 groups
- Lens Coating: Fully multi-coated
- Real Field of View: 2.2°
- Apparent Field of View: 44°
- Field Of View At 1000 Yards: 114 feet @ 1000 yd
- Field Of View At 1000 Meters: 38m @ 1000 m
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 3.0 mm
- Eye Relief: 21 mm
- Relative Brightness: 9
- Diopter Adjustment Range: +/- 4 m -1
- Eye Width Adjustment Range: 57mm to 72mm
- Focusing Range: 8m
- Eyepiece Ring: Helicoid type
- Focus Type: Center focusing (built-in focusing arm)
- Waterproof: JIS Class 6 waterproofing (up to 1 meter) – not designed for underwater use & should not be submerged in water
- Body Color: Black
- Accessories: Objective lens caps, Rain-shielding eyepiece caps (eyepiece lens caps), Case, Neck strap
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 7.7 x 3.4 inches
- Product Weight: 45.1 oz.
- Warranty: Pentax “Worry Free” Warranty
Unfortunately, there were not a lot of reviews online for the Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Binoculars, but through our research, we found 14 reviews, and received an average user rating of 4.2 out of a possible 5 stars. Most of the reviewers found these binoculars to offer high quality magnification with only a few flaws. The majority highly recommend them, though some preferred other binoculars than these ones, as they pointed out.
Many users were very impressed with the magnification level provided by these binoculars. One user explained “The crispness of the image was stunning, in all conditions from dull to bright sunlight, with light transmission excellent and minimal obvious internal reflections even looking towards a source of light.” With these, people were able to use them to view the moon with great clarity and ease.
Even more, one user was amazed with what he could see, and explained “With the back of a chair to rest it on, you can see the 4 big moons of Jupiter. They’re like little points of light on either side.” At the same time however, one user lamented “the lens caps have to be pulled out for you to see, but their click-stop is too far away. As a result, 25% of the field of view is lost.” Another slight issue people found was the need to have a support, to prevent shaking. This was hardly a problem though, because it is always the case with high magnification levels.
Overall, people were impressed with the Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Binoculars. People were impressed with its clarity and crispness, and they worked well even in dim light. After researching them, I would definitely agree that they deserve the 4.2 star rating it received. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a great pair of binoculars for viewing the stars, and long range wildlife viewing as some users suggested.
The Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Binocular is well suited to a wide range of situations. They are great for travelers, hikers, sports fans, concert goers and more. One person said that he bought these binoculars to take to a music festival and “they were incredible. Light weight, clear image, smooth zoom, worked well both at night and in the day time.”
Where to buy the Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars
You can buy the Pentax 65810 from many big retailers offline or online like Amazon, TigerDirect, BestBuy, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, Walmart etc. But which one is the best deal? We have done work for you. We found Amazon.com to have the best prices on most binoculars including the 65810. The best way to decide if this is a good binoculars or not is to visit the Amazon page and look at all the reviews and the manufacturers description. It is the best place to study the binoculars because of the huge community at Amazon that reviews its purchases. Click on the links below to visit the product website for additional information and special offers.
Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars
Pentax 65810 PCF II 20×60 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Video Review
Pentax 65809 PCF II 12×50 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Review
Pentax 65808 PCF II 10×50 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Review
Pentax 65807 PCF II 8×40 Waterproof Porro Prism Binoculars Review